For complete product in (in Excel format), please go to http://data.iea.org/payment/products/122-emissions-factors-2017-edition.aspx
Note: This product was formerly included in the CO2 Emissions from Fuel Combustion online data service.
The Emissions Factors (2018 edition) includes the following indicators related to emissions from electricity and heat generation:
- CO2 emission factors from electricity and heat generation for world countries (in CO2 per kWh, 1990 to 2016).
- CO2 emission factors from electricity only generation (CHP electricity included) for world countries (in CO2 per kWh,1990 to 2016).
- Latest year emission factors for OECD countries based on provisional electricity generation data (in CO2 per kWh, 2017).
- Correction factors for CO2 emissions induced by electricity losses in the grid (in CO2 per kWh,1990 to 2016).
- Correction factors for CO2 emissions induced by electricity trade for OECD countries (in CO2 per kWh,1990 to 2016).
- CH4 and N2O emission factors from electricity generation (in CO2eq per kWh,1990 to 2016).
- Emission factors for fuel consumption in other sectors than electricity and heat production (in CO2 per kg of fuel).
Please note that this product (in Excel format) will be sent separately by e-mail after purchase and is not accessible via the data service portal.
Important Note: All customers will be asked to fill out a questionnaire before receiving the file – this will determine if the correct licence is purchased and whether a contract also needs to be signed and if an additional fee is incurred.
The next edition of this service should be released in September 2019.
Please note that your use of IEA data is subject to the Terms and Conditions found on the IEA’s website here: http://www.iea.org/t&c/termsandconditions/. In particular, external dissemination of any IEA data, including within software or other tools, requires specific permission and may be subject to an additional licence fee. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on the terms.
Note on multi-user licences: Apart from the global licences, subscriptions are for a single legal entity.
Click here for our terms and conditions.