Starting from the premise that electricity will be an increasingly important vector in energy systems of the future, Energy Technology Perspectives 2014 (ETP 2014) takes a deep dive into actions needed to support deployment of sustainable options for generation, distribution and consumption. In addition to modelling the global outlook to 2050 under different scenarios for more than 500 technology options, ETP 2014 explores the possibility of “pushing the limits” in six key areas:
- Solar Power: Possibly the Dominant Source by 2050
- Natural Gas in Low-Carbon Electricity Systems
- Electrifying Transport: How Can E-mobility Replace Oil?
- Electricity Storage: Costs, Value and Competitiveness
- Attracting Finance for Low-Carbon Generation
- Power Generation in India