In this publication, the IEA outlines five priority areas of action to boost CCS investment:
- Harvest “low-hanging fruit” to build CCS deployment and experience from the ground up.
- Tailor policies to shepherd CCS through the early deployment phase and to address the unique integration challenges for these facilities.
- Target multiple pathways to reduce costs from technology innovation to progressive finance arrangements.
- Build CO2 networks and accelerate CO2 storage assessments in key regions.
- Strengthen partnerships and cooperation between industry and governments.